Course Aims & Objectives
Karts is our ENTRY programme. Please take a look at a selection of photographs of our students in action by clicking here.
Learners are identified and referred by local agencies as at high risk of either exclusion from school, unemployment or committing crime.
This is used as our Engagement Programme on our Theory of Change model.
Our aims are:-
- To engage, educate and equip 14 – 24 year olds with skills that motivate them to become more included in mainstream society.
- To serve as part of each learner’s Individual Learning Plan agreed with the referring organisation.
Upon completion of this course learners will be able to demonstrate:-
- Minimum of 80% attendance and completion rates.
- Basic skills in kart assembly.
- Improved life and social skills.
- A basic awareness of road safety.
- A sense of achievement.
- Improved behaviours on returning to referring organisation.
- Reduction in criminal activity (if appropriate).
NOTE: NO STUDENT WILL BE ABLE TO START THE COURSE AFTER WEEK 2.
- “Great staff who take an interest in me”
- “Helpful and I love working on the vehicles”
- “never knew I could do it”
- “Great fun and really learned a lot”
- “well managed, well organised and get plenty of good feedback from Wheels and our students”
- “Easy to access and plenty of options”
- “Don’t have to commit lots of money all at once”
- “Made a fantastic difference to the self-confidence of our students which has helped them engage with what we’re offering back at school”
- “An excellent resource which has good policies and practices and offers a safe environment for our students”
- “always looking to help us”
- “Experts at working with our students”
- “A wonderful environment in which to enable their students to develop skills for work and skills for life”
- “Somewhere that provides the care and attention needed by these students”
- “a brilliant place to learn safely about work, friendship and helping others”
- ‘ gives great value for money’