Course Aims & Objectives
Kick Start Karts is our ENTRY programme.
Learners are identified and referred by local agencies as at high risk of either exclusion from school, unemployment or committing crime.
This is used as our Engagement Programme on our Theory of Change model.
Our aims are:-
- To engage, educate and equip 14 – 24 year olds with skills that motivate them to become more included in mainstream society.
- To serve as part of each learner’s Individual Learning Plan agreed with the referring organisation.
Upon completion of this course learners will be able to demonstrate:-
- Minimum of 80% attendance and completion rates.
- Basic skills in kart assembly.
- Improved life and social skills
- A basic awareness of road safety.
- A sense of achievement.
- Improved behaviours on returning to referring organisation.
- Reduction in criminal activity (if appropriate).
NOTE: NO STUDENT WILL BE ABLE TO START THE COURSE AFTER WEEK 2.