This programme sets out to help our students to identify and select a community group in need of a vehicle. The aim of the CVP is to acquire a suitable vehicle so that the students can prepare it up to MOT standard before gifting it at the end of the programme to the Community group they selected at the start.
Along the way they will undertake training in First Aid at Work, Road Safety Awareness, a visit to their chosen Charity and the option of a visit to the Mini factory or the Haynes Motor museum in Somerset.
Please see photographs of our students in action by clicking here.
- “Great staff who take an interest in me”
- “Helpful and I love working on the vehicles”
- “never knew I could do it”
- “Great fun and really learned a lot”
- “well managed, well organised and get plenty of good feedback from Wheels and our students”
- “Easy to access and plenty of options”
- “Don’t have to commit lots of money all at once”
- “Made a fantastic difference to the self-confidence of our students which has helped them engage with what we’re offering back at school”
- “An excellent resource which has good policies and practices and offers a safe environment for our students”
- “always looking to help us”
- “Experts at working with our students”
- “A wonderful environment in which to enable their students to develop skills for work and skills for life”
- “Somewhere that provides the care and attention needed by these students”
- “a brilliant place to learn safely about work, friendship and helping others”
- ‘ gives great value for money’