Our aim is:-
To prepare students for participation in the British Schools’ Karting Championship (www.bskc.co.uk) held in Terms 3 and 4 each academic year. Please see photographs of our students in action by clicking here.
Our objectives are:-
• 2 teams will compete in the British Schools’ Karting Championship in January.
• At least 1 team will qualify for the second round of the British Schools’ Karting Championship.
• achieve 85% completion rates.
• achieve 75% attendance rates.
• show improved attendance at school.
• show improved behaviour at school.
• show improvement in key skills.
• progress onto an accredited course in-house or at a College of Further Education or into employment.
- “Great staff who take an interest in me”
- “Helpful and I love working on the vehicles”
- “never knew I could do it”
- “Great fun and really learned a lot”
- “well managed, well organised and get plenty of good feedback from Wheels and our students”
- “Easy to access and plenty of options”
- “Don’t have to commit lots of money all at once”
- “Made a fantastic difference to the self-confidence of our students which has helped them engage with what we’re offering back at school”
- “An excellent resource which has good policies and practices and offers a safe environment for our students”
- “always looking to help us”
- “Experts at working with our students”
- “A wonderful environment in which to enable their students to develop skills for work and skills for life”
- “Somewhere that provides the care and attention needed by these students”
- “a brilliant place to learn safely about work, friendship and helping others”
- ‘ gives great value for money’